Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Good Shepherd That Died For Us




When blood from a victim must flow,
This Shepherd by pity was led
To stand between us and the foe,
And willingly died in our stead.

Our song,  then, for ever shall be
Of the Shepherd who gave Himself thus;
No subject's so glorious as He,
No theme so affecting to us.



      Jesus said:

"I am the Good Shepherd: the Good Shepherd giveth his life for the sheep... I am the Good Shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth Me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down My life for the sheep...  Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." 
John 10:11,14-15,17-18.

     
     Because of a love that God the Father, and Jesus, His Son, had for us, which is greater than our human minds can ever understand, Jesus willingly came down to earth from Heaven, and shed His blood and died for our sins, to save us from an etenity in Hell.

     If you have not received this free gift of salvation, by believing in the finished work of Jesus Christ, if you are still dead in your sins and on your way to Hell, I beg of you, consider your latter end, turn from your sins, and run to the open arms of Jesus! He loves you and does not want you to perish!

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved... For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him. For whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved." 
Romans 10:9,11-13.


     

Contact Information:


Email: phil.419.a@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment